Wednesday, December 14, 2011

day 143

Swollen lips part II
   I will listen to you like I understand
the liar's language. But in reality:
There are too many dialects I
will never learn.
   The liars twist eye contact with
   lie detecting heart beats. This is what
   they do. They fool you.
Kiss you with swollen lips.
  Lips swelled with excitement,
this is the first time he's kissed the girl of his
dreams. Like he was finally the hero
of some sick twisted love story.
   I will listen to him like I understand
the liar's language. But I don't.
   It sounds similar to
                    love. Sounding
way too familiar. I've heard the same
   tone on Route 3. Like sirens.
Ambulances, fire trucks, the police
doesn't care about stolen hearts anymore.
  Those robberies occur too often. It's
too familiar to them. Like sirens.
   Beautiful women I will never understand.
   She sings to me with lips of
swelled up secrets.
   This pitch is from past lover #45.
She is used to the truck stops on
Route 3 from
 soul searching on highway interstates.
For an answer.
   Like she sings for a purpose. This is the song cry
she shows off. Sounding almost..
                    ghostly. Sounding
way too familiar. Like the thunderstorm sirens
on a rainy 4th of July. Firework heartbreaks, dear.
FIREWORK HEARTBREAKS.
   THIS IS HOW A HEART BREAK FEELS, DEAR.
    WE WILL WORK FIRE INTO OUR SOULS.
                     FIRE. It feels almost
                     ghostly. Almost feeling like
                     love.


but it's not love.
I will never understand my lover's language. It sounds
too much like the liar's.

No comments:

Post a Comment