Thursday, December 15, 2011

day 144

why i feel how i feel:

A small child
is learning how to grow
skin onto bad memories.
Healing.
I pick off scabs
like I'm 11 again.
When I pretended that
ugly scars didn't mean a thing
but they meant
two. They meant to
curse my growth with
ugliness.
Like I will somehow
mature into a beautiful
selfless
                            woman. Someday
these scars will haunt me.
Tonight they do.
They shine brighter than
a blue moon. Rare.
There are teenagers swimming
in flooded craters. They insist
love is just that. Seeing
everything blind.
And they glow. They glisten
the way scabs break
and blood boils.
You hear that broken blood
bubbling?
Tonight we will
pop.
Save an expecting woman
from bringing a lost soul into this universe.
Have you ever realized how many
stars there are? And how many
moments you are 
accounted for?
Mid day you will realize
that you will live
one day less. Nightmare.
Pops.
This is a daydream you
wasted five seconds
listening to. Pop.
Where was my father
when I needed to learn
about hidden beauty.

The kind of beauty
that sinks knee deep.
Skinny dipping under
blue moons except this beauty
is more frequent like we
all generate a surplus of
red blood cells. I can't
wet the bed with my own
liberty in a city
that doesn't give a fuck. Send me another
mother fuck you.
we share these same
mother fucks. This is a sea
only meant for sailors. I am filled
with regrets of the man's ocean.
See. We are all blind
in sea men's regret.
Ghost waves and dead
sharks. They swim around me.
Surrounding me with hungry
dog eyes. I'm blue and I'm
drowning in it, like
I expected to play some underwater
honey trombone.
I will hold my breath with
dignity. I will watch my
blood boil in warm
hometown fountains
until my own
lungs
explode. Pop.
Bring me your knives,
your rockets, I am swallowing
oceans just to stab my guts
to find bravery.

TO ALL THE MOTHER FUCKERS
WHO WERE BORN
LOST.
This is my home.
See these scars?
These scales play piano---skin me
alive, I want a reason
to
pray. I want a reason
to sew rocket ships
onto my heart. I will explode
into ten million
stars and land on a raft.
it pretends that it doesn't care
about being ugly.
But it does..
It's ugly as fuck
and it knows it. Like somehow
it will grow into a beautiful
selfless
      woman. But it's only
made of wood.
And wood is flammable..
wood becomes swollen
like it expects only the worst.
Good luck comes
once every teenage skinny dip.
I am naked under these clothes
but can you handle the
naked truth?

Can you hold her,
with arms of clouds and hands warm
enough to call Church.
Kiss her belly button crevices.
Swim into her. You are only
wood. Flammable, yes. Burn
into her with fingertips of
fake passion. She feels your pulse
now.
She feels your pulse now.
That is how two becomes one
grabbing onto broken cliffs
like these shoulder blades
will sprout wings for you.
I WILL NOT FLY FOR YOU.
I refuse to become a
beautiful
selfless 
woman...
I am full of self
with dignity
and its swaying out of me
like incense sweating the fucking
prayers from my
skin.
Somehow
I will numb the taste buds of
wandering sailors.
Saving sea men from
picking scabs off their scales. They
swim towards boiling
blood like sharks.
And sharks are indecisive.
Take a bite out of me.
Let me bleed my rights.
Sink your teeth into my bones, they
are wooden. I wouldn't
let the taste appall you but I
promised to burn wondering
taste buds with
knee deep regret. Pop.
That's the sound of your legs
breaking. Too much running,
too much falling. Bruises
on sweet nectarine knee caps. You are
dislocated. A lost soul eaten
by ghost sharks in dead waves.

This is five seconds wasted
on one day less lived.
But you will pretend that
you don't care about the scars.
About the ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment