Friday, November 11, 2011

day 110

Last night I had a dream
  my teeth were falling out
   one by one
    no anesthesia
     nothing
      just gums
Last night I had a dream
 my soul jumped
  out of my body
   onto a plane
  and
    It jumped out of
     the plane
      held back by
       nothing
        just guts
Last night I had a dream
 my hair was at
  wits' end
   the quirkiness is dying
    surgically remove my
     blues
      no anesthesia
       nothing
        just gulfs and gullies
     I can swim
Last night I had a dream
 I was falling
  day by day
   slowly
    out of
  love.
     How.
This morning this
   dream
 was not a
   dream.
It was a blue
 thought.
  I don't have the
   time to
    fall for
     strings
 serenade me with
   cello voices
    horse haired bows
     Keep me in
      tune
       with you
This morning
 my dreams
  sang
   to songbirds
    they are
     dying
      so they
       fly South
  Exit through the back door
   with quiet horse-like footsteps
    hang your shoes above the frame
     A memory
 to remind me of my blues
   Good luck to your
     next love plot
      clot your gulf and gullies
       with the anesthesia I
         never had the
    guts
     to use. For I am
      numb.
       I've given you all I
        could. All the time in the
         universe.
          It could be two thirty
           I have no tooth sores
   but
 I am hurting
today.
   You've taken my soul.
    jumped on it horse
     back through the
      Exit. Head
       South in five miles.
        This is where you will find
 the songbirds.
  Their morning habits are
   dying. They live to
    be nocturnal now. The youth
     will chew for their loved ones
      I'm done chewing
       on stale gum.
        Tooth sores at two thirty leave
 me.
   Leave me with dirty habits.
    Exit through the back door.
     You will never reinvent my dreams
       Last night these
     dreams
       were dying morning habits.
  The songbirds lost their cello voices
   Say hello to your new love plot
    clot tooth sores with gulfs and gullies
     don't drool and drown yourself
      in dreams that don't exist.
       Exit South in five miles.

 Sing stale lyrics to dying songbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment