Saturday, May 19, 2012

day 301

Yes
 I'd love to quit
 some days
 When my wrists get
 a little too heavy
 to hold up my words

***
They don't just flow out like that. They don't just
magically
find a way from my brain
to my fingertips

***
When they finally find air
these words will dry
and stick together
It has become difficult
to pull each letter back into my
brain

Must remember what I've written
must spit out words through
tongue
and out to inspire
baby sparks
on a stranger's fingertips

** On some days
I'd love to quit
When my wrists get a little too
disappointed
Too many long faces in such a short span of
time

Are you sure this is what you'll do forever
No
But I am certain
The passion will live on and on
and
on
and on
until my house burns down
and I build a home
of
letters
and ladders
stacking them up
and higher
make my words high
Fly with them
I want to inspire your best friend's
stranger
her stranger's fingers

We're all a little uncertain
some days
Some days I'd love to quit

But I refuse to let my words become strangers.
I refuse to let my passion
burn itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment