Monday, September 12, 2011

day 50

50 miles away
I hear your heart, gorgeous,
beating with each eye blinks
each lash curls
"love"
I hear your blue mascara
screaming sobbing yelling
"come back to me"

you are singing twice as hard for me
holding whole notes twice as long.
I miss holding you in my lungs
inhaling your blank heartaches,
but I am here love
with nothing left to offer.
hands dry from shuffling lust coupons
there are no more kisses left to send
just surprise packages of chapped lips
and boxes of lip balm

The wind here is so strong sometimes
it blows your voice 50 miles away from here
in the opposite direction
love
you are North East
but your pulse travels 50 miles East West
how far do our postcards have to travel
to tell you how long its been since I've last seen you?
don't become a memory.
I choose to forget too easily
and I forget to want to remember

I wander 50 miles North East
on days where I wonder where you are
you are lost love
like faded ink on washed up jean receipts
you were once held at value to me
but it's been 30 days since we've last kissed
and I don't know love
\you have been wiped off the face of these teary eyelids
believe me when I say I chose to forget
I can only stare for so long
until I forget to remember who you are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment