Friday, September 30, 2011

day 68

The thoughts of a midnight jogger
Can be heard
Twenty two times louder
Than the footsteps of a morning runner.

There are thirty six miles here
before us
And I'm lost between the ocean and the grass.
Feet feel like waves on steady ground
like heavy cement on calm ponds
Like st a g g  e r ed   b r e a t h i n g
h e a v i l y
with heaven between calloused palms


This is where I say:
The runner sees a light
It is similar to the sun
Feels twice as cold
Feet feel like giving up
     L     o   o  s  e 
E ve r  y t h  i n g   i s   l o o s e 
   Missing the bolts used to hold the heaviest breaths together

Tonight the jogger spots the light
 It feels like heaven
    Feet feel like heavy
                 The weight is like carrying oceans tonight
Full of monsters and below zeros
And this is where I tell you I'm tired
Feet feel like bellowing
with monsters eating at an empty stomach.
Liver is filled with burning secrets.
Reminds me of how that night felt.
Burning
at the bottom of my throat
I could breathe fire and it wouldn't light up a single
universe.

the jogger wont find what she's looking for.
She only searches at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment