Monday, September 19, 2011

day 57

When people describe me, they always include something about how I'm so positive about love, and how I never let love bring me down. How I'm so hopeful. How I never give up on love.

I seek love in the form of words.
pictures that I can take with my eyelashes,
sweet nectar feelings
pollen swollen eyes
I mistake it all for love.

Heart breaks sound like the thumps of rain forests
falling for each other in the depths of lost ruins.
Being broken is swallowing melted metal
while being in a freezer that only freezes your appetite.
Sometimes the darkness of love eats away at my butterfly cage
and there are times when I can't stomach disappointment.
I've broken enough hearts to build five new ones.

But that would be selfish.
What would I do with five hearts?
I only need one.
We only need one.
It breaks, it boils, it freezes over
but it's never lost.
It's magical,
this whole love crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment