Thursday, September 15, 2011

day 53

open letter to lc:

1
do not bite the hand that feeds you-
you feed me the faith I need 
to get through my daily obstacles
I will never put clenched teeth
to clenched fists
with you,
I am open to dream

2
gold-
new friends are bronze medals
dusted replicas of golden futures
you will always be my golden girl
holding up sun rays
with fingertips just to keep us warm

3
there is always enough time-
we share fresh secrets like fresh dandelions
picked off strands of grown grass
here we lay and exchange mindsets
filling each other in with more oxygen
and breathing in old carbon dioxide
i am able to breathe with you

4
seven years-
this sisterhood is .34 seconds away from me
i feel your comfort during the farthest of distances
wherever we both rest our heads at night
you will be the first thing i think of
when i wake up

5-
i don't need to fall in love
to know what true love is

6
sisterhood

No comments:

Post a Comment