Wednesday, January 25, 2012

day 186

They think I am beautiful.
   Blindly. Take a glimpse
   with your fingertips.
   Burn your heritage into me. Teach
   me directly, how a cultured woman
   should feel.
   New lovers alway ask:
      What are your ethnic roots
Simple to be beautiful with
   blood boiled by lovers of distant lands
   But they all speak different love languages
   tonight.


Mother says
         Do not forget your culture
         Plant seeds for beautiful babies.
         Multicultural souls.
         You are blessed to have
         colorful blood.
Blessed. But what good is
   color if my cultures aren't
   printed in black and white.
   With no direction to how I
    am supposed to behave, love,

How am I supposed to love
if I cannot trace
body parts to bone yard
answers. I feel like a stranger
in my own skin, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment