Wednesday, July 18, 2012

day 361

You must be under 6'3" to be an astronaut.




Thoughts of a 6'4" NASA employee named Houston.




They always told us we could be anything when we grew up
We could be doctors
engineers

rocket scientists...

I just wanted to fly.

I just wanted to help my Earth
my planet


I didn't want to play with fire
or save super heroes from evil villains

I just wanted to fly.

I worked my way up the ladder
from intern
to employee
to almost maybe
to almost an astronaut
to sorry bud,
you're just a little too tall
to the "Houston, we have a problem"
to the Houston,
we do have a problem
to the
you're just a little too tall
to almost maybe
to you could be whatever you want to be
if you just put your mind to it
to the Houston, we have a problem
to the Congratulations
we're promoting you
to the job as a technical engineer
to the
Houston
we have a problem
to the men stuck on the moon
I just wanted to fly

You wouldn't let me

No comments:

Post a Comment