Friday, July 20, 2012

day 363

Confessions of an introvert:


  1. It may be wrong
    but some days I pray for my cell phone
    to lose service
    to lose life
    to lose the fight to stay alive.
    I just don't want to talk to anyone today.
    Most days.
  2. I try not to sound dramatic
    whenever I ask for a day to be alone
    but I end up making a huge scene.
    I need time
    all
    the
    time
    to recharge
    re-energize
    It's extremely exhausting
    talking to people
  3. I just don't prefer being surrounded by people
    I hate big crowds
    I hate long conversations
    I hate people that only prefer to go to
    the mall, big dance parties,
    or small cafes
    just to be alone
    just to talk.
  4. You honestly don't need to talk so much.
  5. I honestly don't appreciate human beings that
    ask me
    What's wrong with you?
    Why are you so quiet?
  6. ...
  7. Why are you ignoring me?
  8. I'M NOT IGNORING YOU
  9. I just don't have the energy to speak
    too much time feeling uncomfortable
    and not enough time to feel happy
  10. I am, too, uncomfortable when I am quiet.
  11. I don't think anything is wrong with me.
    I have just learned to appreciate small talk,
    close friends, and good vibes.
    I don't think it's wrong to ask to be alone
    and I don't think it's wrong to prefer not to respond.
    Sometimes people say the darnest things.
    I'm not afraid of people.
    I just get burnt out.
    I'm so full of energy that it tires me.
    Drives me insane sometimes.
    I don't plan on changing this. This plays a huge part in my life.
    In who I am.
    If I wasn't an introvert, I wouldn't be the same.
    I wouldn't love what I love,
    and love who I love.
    I wouldn't be as lovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment