Tuesday, February 7, 2012

day 199

I hear the moon is looking beautiful tonight
 She is thinking of pulling tides
  much closer than you'd feel comfortable with
   but don't hesitate kissing her ocean blue
    She is now comfortable
with being neutral.

With locks of hair
flowing whichever direction
they end up in. Sometimes South,
with the freedom singing birds
that have song cries
about the battles they've fought.
THIS IS HOW LOVING HIM FELT
HOW LOVING HER FELT
HOW LOVING ANYONE FELT
Twisted and tangled
dead dandelions in lion mane hearts
No use for believing in
make believe wishes
anymore.

There is only me
in this monstrous heart of mine
I have so much love to give
not enough sanity to stay
I can only write battle cries
with a wink of wish that you'd
be able
to sing how my thoughts throw a pitch
in you

I find myself
a daisy
growing near neutrality
feels almost fatal.
like icy cold beach tears
on warm lusted skin
Sometimes
this is how the kisses felt
Sometimes numb,
and it sounds depressing
But it's beautiful most of the time.

I know where the freedom birds
sitting on winter frozen poet trees
outside of my window
fly.
South.
They always do this time of year

because love can't always keep you warm
if you don't want to be safe.

I am finding myself
flying South
in anti gravity atmospheres.
It's almost like falling in love all over again.
Just a little opposite,
just towards the moon.
Somehow
I am finding weightlessness
in myself again.

1 comment: