Friday, February 10, 2012

day 202

VALENTINE'S DAY THESIS


1: CONGRATULATIONS! You've successfully survived
a heart ache. Or six. Each time has made you a little more tough,
a little more reserved,
a little less
hopeless.


2: The only thing I
learned in physics is Newton's 3rd Law:
ACTION-REACTION PAIRS.
Each force acts on a different object.
PAST WANTS on PRESENT NEEDS,
my thoughts on my tongue, how I
want to change the world,
how the world needs me
to ignite change.


3: I have cold hands.


This isn't an indirect
cry for a lover's
touch. I'm just
glad I don't
need to worry
about making
someone numb.


4: I've been waking up in the middle of the night
lately in cold sweats. Drenched in the tears
of my past lovers. I'm saving the world now, starting
with one heart ache at a time.


5: I've broken rib cages and flimsy spines.
Sometimes I just want to break nerves.
Go ice skating on frozen souls.
Call me heartless, I am full of emotion.
Mistake my name for Empty. The moon
will pull tides together to
write my name on the sand.
It's Whole.
I'm sure of it.


6: I've learned to fly with broken parachute wings. I've
actually mastered this skill. Soaring with pretty song birds,
singing our battle cries in harmony. Today, I
am dreaming of falling, I never land, though.


I'm just falling.


7: This is my declaration of independence.
It is composed of 6 different melodies,
written with my clinging fingertips
that seem to be holding on for a last bit of
hope.


But I've adapted to warm homes
that play housewife to dancing pens, my words
will never have a curfew. And that
flying sensation... well, that's just how my heart
repairs itself.


I'm still falling.
With the moon by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment