Monday, July 25, 2011

day 1


Open letters to the cities I love

To Lowell-
Thank you for showing me how beautiful our community is
The closed stitched city filled with blessed opportunities
Say you want to leave
but no one can run too far without missing your roots
Thank you Lowell
for holding me around my ankles
I will never run too far from your green eyed concrete
I guess I always loved solid eye contact

To Toronto-
Its true
Canadians know how to get down
Won't worry too much about not being able to get back home
Allow you to embrace me with your hands
Tangle your fingers in my hair
Never let go
I won't forget how you easily kept me up all night

To Hawaii-
I can't give all credit to one city
But Hawaii, I love you
Thank you for playing home for such a beautiful Jamaica
You withhold the saying:
You don't know until you feel
I love Jamaica
Her sunshine smile and hot sand eyes
She's beautiful
No other words to describe her
Thank you for her existence

To Houston-
I don't have much to say about my religion
but I am blessed by your efforts
Thank you
for trying to dig under my skin
However
I am stubborn and have no intentions of changing
Sorry from a girl with no words but awkward auras

To Providence-
Forever my neighbor
I love you
Through the trials and tribulations
I haven't known you for too long
but you've managed to get under my skin
Yet I forgive you
I am obliged to love my neighbor

To Worcester-
For your hard work and solid dedications
I am so proud

To New York-
Bravery and honesty have grown two different definitions
Dawn admiration upon my being
You inspire me

To Oakland-
Thank you for keeping me safe
It's a word I've yet to understand
but your generosity will stay a safe haven for my thoughts
I will always acknowledge your golden heart
You are amazing

To Berkeley-
Forever the stepping stone to invitation
Without you, the other cities would have remained invisible
Allowed me to see written ink on blank faces
I've learned so much in so little

To San Francisco-
I am not used to your fog
Drag me around by tongue
Give me the chills
Housed three thousand people for one night
Thank you for blessing me with your foundation

To the countless cities I love but left nameless-
I miss you all
Inspiration for centuries to come
Thank you
for opening my ears
For opening your ears
For complete unity

Open letters to the cities I love
Til we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment