Saturday, July 30, 2011

day 6


Growth

Growth is sometimes foreign to my lips
But never foreign to my frenzied brain
Post-it note it across my forehead
Different petals with different ink
Look at my wants in a surplus of perspectives
Growth is my subconscious

I am constantly yearning to grow
Brave and willing to stretch my arms out of their sockets
Sprout daisies from my own dirt lodged edges
I am fragile but I will never let you land an ear on my soul
I am cardboard cut sharp
Trust me
Please be careful

The beauty of a daisy is sharp
Is high definition
Is seductive red on the lips of foolery
Beauty will wilt
Don't trust beauty
Like
I don't trust you
because trust will wilt
Trust is eggshell sturdy
Is dirty weed vulnerable
Is cyanide on taste buds
Trust is sometimes foreign to my lips
but never foreign to brown eyed back yards

My soul grows dandelions
Dirty weed vulnerable
I build sharp edges around them
Keep them safe
Keep them from the beauty of trust
Your weatherman predictions will never crumble my walls
Paper post-it notes fragile
My walls are growing
I don't trust you
Like growth
Like reaching my dandelion fingers into your daisy dirt
Like I am growing to not trust your beauty
Like knock on my soul
I am bulletproof canteen ready
Be careful
Please trust me

Sunrise revelation of sweat marks on vulnerable wounds
Things are heating up
My cement fences are cracking earthquake long
Wide enough to show my flaws
Like stretched soda can ears
Like reach your daisy fingers into me
Like taint me with gold
Like I am a dirty dandelion
Like my petals of vulnerability never fail to grow sharply out of place
I hate it
I wish they would wilt
There is no beauty in wanting to be picked
Wanting to be grown into someone's dirty magenta flower pot
Like cardboard cut sharp captivity
My flaws grow like vines
Vines never wilt
My wounds never wilt
My wounds continue to grow and I still don't trust you
There is a beauty in password sturdy security
My walls stand tall
My canteen of trust lay empty
Lay bulletproof canteen ready
Be ready
I am pleasingly careful

My soul is carefully pleasing
You will never hear what you seek
Be careful
I don't trust you
Like the password to my garden of frenzied brain fried brown eyed back yard barbecue
Like daisies are poisonous to touch
Like the beauty of a daisy is lip stick seductive red on foreheads
Like daisies trust you
Like you will never feel what you seek
Like daisies let you grow fingernail vines onto their dirty roots
Like lock jaw on rusted tongues
Like I am a dirty dandelion but I am beautiful, too
Like you don't trust my beauty
Like I am paper cardboard cut sharp
Like I don't trust me
Like I am constantly yearning to grow into you

No comments:

Post a Comment