Thursday, July 28, 2011

day 4

She was his perfect storm.
Told me that no one ever wished him good nights
unless it was obligatory.

Tell me now if my behavior is obligatory
If I'm supposed to treat you the way I do
If I'm going an arm's length out of my way to make you happy
You only know storms
You've grown used to the darkest of eclipses blocking your sunshine

So blinded by the lightning
You don't even remember what it's like to cry on your own
Told me that no one ever cries happy tears
That sunlight doesn't second guess an escape from hurricanes

Friend

There are such things as sun storms
They exist like the dew drops on the thorns of roses
Never playing coward to pain
The skies stay alive with blue clouds and lightning sunshine
While blue droplets drop like lightning
Telling you that these events don't just occur in nature
Thunder monsoons flooding your thoughts
Shaking you to wake up
The wind whispered to me your secrets

Told me that she was your perfect storm

Now shout through the tornado your answers
If you're able to find beauty on the thorns of roses
What makes you so blind to the beauty of letting go?
She was your perfect storm
And when she left,
she left you with nothing but a shrunken heart.
Like leaving out lingerie to dry but
finding out that the hurricane blew them away

There are no intimate secrets allowed in this friendship

You told me that I could replace her
and it's obligatory for me to do so
but also necessary to teach you how to survive the drought
She was your perfect storm
Left you with the reality of a 9.2 aftershock,
dry spells, and hallucinations
You wish she would come back for you
Help you repair what is broken
Hold you when the ground can't hold you up anymore

but you know you can't handle facing her yet.

Friend

I can't replace the perfect storm
The one who taught you to swim deep enough to stop tsunamis
but I can help you handle the hallucinations
Get you through the drought
I won't let your heart diminish

I'll tell you that I am your sun storm
Allow you to prick the thorns of broken bonds
While crying white skies and blue Nirvana

I am his sun storm
Told me no one wishes him good living
unless it was obligatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment