Sunday, July 24, 2011

To the girl I'd give up my cat addiction for (Jamaica Osorio)


There's something about your presence
that just makes me feel right for once
Where I don't have to second guess myself
It makes me feel warm
The sun in your smile spoon feeds me comfort
I haven't grown used to the fog here,
but you make things clearer.

I feel warm.

I feel the warmth that people seek in your name
Makes me want to live in your sun soaked hair
Where the fog doesn't matter
and I'm closest to your thoughts

Jamaica
There's no sweeter way to sing after meeting you
My eyes hum the most comforting songs
My ears catch every pitch, every bass to your voice
My soul feels alive again

Reawakened by the words my heart has turned into a story
Feel so anxious upon seeing you
Afraid to spill my teeth all over the floor
because my breath has become heavy enough
to shatter things that should matter

Slowly growing unafraid of breaking down walls
Quickly growing towards spilling my thoughts
The floor shouldn't matter
The floor doesn't matter
I am at an unnatural high
Your presence should not make me feel like this
but I just feel right for once

No comments:

Post a Comment