Sunday, July 24, 2011

A love letter, from a jealous office supply



My bones are so tiny
They aren’t big enough to hold you the way I would like to
But I hope that you don’t take size into consideration.

People look at me and question the amount of love I possess
I’m weak.
I know it.
I know that I can easily be manipulated,
But I don’t mind if you do.

I’m just a tiny little detail
You make me feel so small
There are too many days when I wish that I could hold you whole…
But you always choose my roommate
The one with the steel grip
Yeah.
I know you like being groped by the stronger ones
But I
I can offer you a softer side to love
That no one has ever been able to show you.

We have no walls in our home
So
I’ve been watching you undress yourself for a man that only wants to bind your words together.
He doesn’t give a shit about what you have to say!
But I admire the flexibility you have while he humps you
I know that you can easily escape my grasp
But I’m just sitting here wishing that you would give me a chance.
Wishing that you’d see the bullshit he attaches to you
He just likes your slim figure
I mean. I like it, too. But I love your words more.

He takes advantage of you
Why can’t you fucking see that
Love can’t blind you that badly
I’ll let you take advantage of me
Call me desperate,
I’m just sick of being the nice guy

People just bend me any which way
And I hate it
But I hate myself most for letting them do this to me
I just want to be loved

So the day you can’t handle putting on your make up anymore
And you just want to be a blank slate
I will be here to hold you

Run away with me
Or let me run away with you
Because we both know that you’re the stronger one

Wherever we run,
However long it takes us,
I will be here holding you
When your insides feel floppy

I can’t guarantee that I’ll catch you when you fall
But I can promise that I’ll fall twice as hard with you

I know my roommate has left his mark
But I can easily make you forget about him

I’m flexible too.
I'm a paperclip.

No comments:

Post a Comment