Sunday, July 24, 2011

Spiders



1
You caught me running straight into your arms
Literally
The curve of your smile matched the curve of your elbows
You cradled me welcome
I was always a bit too clumsy
But you were always there to catch me

2
I was stuck
The way a fly
Gets stuck to a spider web
But I was sure this story had a different ending
I enjoyed being pulled in every second of the day
This web reflected a love so different
I remember inching closer and closer
Until
We were finally that odd couple
That fit together in the weirdest of habitats
The crooks between your fingers
Hugged mine snugly

3
Was my new bed time
Unlimited data plans are the shit
I loved being in touch with you
And your touch
The way you turn your head a bit before kissing me
I loved it
And I loved you
And I loved being in love with you
Everything was perfect
It was spring and the moment I opened my eyes that morning
All I could see was tinted in shades of Technicolor rose
My eyes
Had been switched with my heart
And my brain was in my stomach ready to fall out of my butt
But trust me, love makes you say crazy things
But you don’t care

And at the end of the night
I caught myself staring endlessly at two spiders on my ceiling
One quick to venture off
The other stood stature
Ha, opposites
They’re always cute

4
I’ve traded my fears and secrets for your hopes and dreams twice
You’ve seen the dimple on my back more than a million times
And we played Pokemon til the end of time
If it weren’t for Bellsprouts and Charmanders
We probably wouldn’t have even met each other
Our paths grew for years, in directions too different to handle
And unfortunately,
This never ending route we took,
Reached a fork in the road
And of course
As opposites, I chose left because I’m a lefty and
you chose right because we can never decide on anything together

5
Amongst the jumbled letters that rearranged themselves into hate
I said
“I hate you”

But I didn’t know if I meant that.
Eventually,
I didn’t even know why we had fought in the first place
I just remember trying so hard to be the person you wanted
The girl so different of who I really am
How do you transform yourself into someone lovable, but most importantly
Why would you want to change your identity for love?
I found myself not being able to handle our differences any longer

6
You asked me what I wanted.
So I told you
“I want to not feel 19 degrees inside when its 70
I want everything to shine in shades of pink
I want so badly, to love you with every bone in my body
The only way I know how
I want my words to make sense again”

I have never understood how we can be such powerful creatures, yet feel so weak simultaneously

I hate not wanting to apologize
But I’m standing strong on my point of view
I know I wasn’t wrong
But we were always opposites
And your wrong is right and my right is wrong
But in the end
How can we decide who’s right or wrong
When everything we do is wrong to each other?

7
The spiders are gone now
But I trace their spider webs with my finger tips
And suddenly, I am drowning in a tidal wave
Of our broken relationship

Some nights
My bed becomes a sea sponge
Until I realize
That I’m 72.8% water
But you were always 72.8% oil
And I was always there to catch you

No comments:

Post a Comment