Sunday, July 24, 2011

Persona piece: Godzilla



I am known as King of the monsters but
What kind of creature would be proud of that?
What kind of friends are there to make when
All the other monsters just want your title
And all the human men just try to kill me
And all the pretty girls are
Dead

THIS CITY IS A TICKING TIME BOMB WAITING TO EXPLODE I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU
This city never sleeps
Never shuts its bright eyes
I’ve never seen it paintbrush its lashes against the night sky
You are too afraid to sleep
You fear that I will take over
This city
Always talking away
Grinding your teeth into a blender
Blending tv static together
I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU

Stop running in the other direction
I can hear the thunder in your heart
It dances along my nuclear pulse
Synchronized with my beating chest
I did not mean to hurt you
My hands are a little too big
Or shall I say my paws
Because I am not worthy of finger tips that turn everything to gold
I wish there was a way.
Because everything I touch turns to dust
Every breath I exhale sends your heaven to hell
And my feet will always have blood stains on them

I did not mean to hurt you
You fear me when all I really wanted was
Companion
I’ve been ostracized for too long
Being immune to death is not a blessing
It’s a curse
I either spend half my days in the depths of my tears or
Sit around and wait for this CITY
WAKE UP

I know the troubles you fight
I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU
I hate how my two brains don’t make me twice as smart
Instead
They persist to make me twice as strong
Send radiation towards my palms
I did not mean to hurt you
I only wanted to help
YOU
Don’t understand the power of rejection
Nor will you ever know
But I know first hand

Being the monster no one can ever love gets
Tiring
And being afraid of my own actions is tiring
I’m tired of causing destruction
I’m tired of being unlovable
But everyone claims
That I am just a monster
I will never amount to love
That love in my eyes is your home
Attacked by nuclear bombs and smoke
Invaded by deathly amounts of radiation
Flooded by lonesome rain drops
But I insist
That your love is shallow
That you only need me to fight off tornados
I am only your hero whenever I do you a good deed
But you are blind
I never ask for anything in return
Just a friendship
But you insist that you can never be my friend because you fear
That I will hurt you
I did not mean to hurt you
I only wanted to help

But my jaws are unhinging with every cry I make
I am always accused of ruining the world
Whirlpool me in the currents of rejection
Because I will always remain
Godzilla
King of the Monsters
Master of destruction
Leader of the Misunderstood
I only wanted to help you

No comments:

Post a Comment