Sunday, August 7, 2011

day 14

Yesterday
my darlin husband left me a good bye letter.
I know he's gone for good.
Yes'm I'm sad, but I'm sure happy for him.
Did I cry?
No'sir I didn't. I don't cry for nobody.
But I'll admit
I did indeed tear up at the picture he enclosed with his letter.
So many sweet memories, sir.
The letter was as sweet as he:

Dear love of my life,
I've only known you for so long,
but it feels like..
so long.
I'm bound to leave soon,
but I'm leaving you with this picture.

this pond..
you see this pond?
I was born here,
I remember it like it was yesterday...

you see that lily pad?
that's where my parents fell in love.
that was papa's good ol bachelor pad.
he had all the ladies.
mama was a jem to have caught his eye.
mama was beautiful, too.
you remind me of her
sweet as honey.

i must be vinegar,
but you make me feel sweeter than the bumblebee's honey combs.

laura,
you make the bees jealous.
i don't wanna get too sappy
but i feel like i didnt have enough time to appreciate you.
i dont have enough time to appreciate you.

life is too short
please tell our children
that i'm sorry i didnt get to live to see em grow
to prosper
to love one another
and to fall in love with someone that reminds them of their mama
their mama is a gem!

i love our lily pad
you've made a bachelor pad, a home
i fell in love the moment you flew past me.
laura
you're the cutest darnest thing
you put em in their places
i was never the type to dance the night away
but you make me want to dance.
like there is nothing left to live for, but you.
i love you laura,
please take care of our children
i hope theyre as beautiful a jem as you sure are

love,
joe the fly

No comments:

Post a Comment