Wednesday, August 31, 2011

day 38

Be my stepping stone

We turn snowed in welcome mats into loving beds
Tell me
I could lay like this for ages
Cradle elbows with tissue paper hands
Be gentle
Kiss wrinkles onto foreheads
We will give home a new meaning

Skip pebbles across melting volcanic glacial waters
Freezing time to keep the warmth in
Your chapped fingertips are all mine to hold
Repair broken skin with stinging heartbeats
This
is where our eyelashes
dance with each and every blink
to the melody of the crashing waves beside us
on a quiet Summer's day.

Admire with ocean deep eyes
No one knows how to swim anymore
but we can pretend
Tell me you hate me
and I know you won't mean it
Don't throw me into the shallow side
My tissue paper lungs will crumble
Love me like pretty bow tied birthday boxes

With you,
my seventeenth birthday is born
time and time again

Be my stepping stone
We turn boulder hard pillow cases into feather light passion
Tell you
I am light,
my bones are brittle,
but I love you close with tissue paper might.
Be gentle with my soul
And in return
I will give home a new meaning
Effortless pretty bow tied birthday boxes
for every day of the week
You make me feel alive
like drowning in volcano glacial waters
pretending to swim to the surface
for another breath.

That breath is the stepping stone to a new lover's heartbeat
Strum me gently with stinging words
Pretend you're falling in love
Keep arms sprawled out
Crawl into open minds
Gift wrap expectations sweetly
I won't be seventeen a year from now,
but sway in the depths of my youth.
Don't forget that I am letting you love me,
so remember:
If I am able to breathe around you,
everything will stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment