Wednesday, August 17, 2011

day 24

Reflection:

I look at myself everyday in the mirror
but I don't see any physical changes.
perhaps my hair has finally grown on me
and my eye infection grew over night
but I am still 
me
no matter what.

I'm still the geek that
fascinates over simple music theories
and masterpiece tuba tunes
and I'm still the geek that
my chess team likes to show off
because I'm the only girl
and I'm still the geek that
will complain over too much schoolwork
but secretly worship all the challenges
like a guilty pleasure.

I'm still myself
I've changed a few tidbits to my look
but I'm still the growing tadpole
swimming in every direction
just to find where I belong

I'm growing more and more everyday
I get a little guilty
and geeky over how excited
my spirituality is showing
but I'm slowly
growing
into someone
that
I love.

And even though
I'm still the same little person
that swears like a sailor
and the geek
that sorta feels out of place sometimes
I'm finally sailing smoothly
into a home on the ocean
these waves are crashing at me
cold and dark
but I've grown to love these mishaps.
I love myself
I love where I've been
I am a geek
and today I have a slight eye infection
and a show in front of 1200 people
my hair is getting a little annoying
and my bones are like tadpoles about to
swim out of my skin
but I'm still fascinated
by the world around me.

I'm still the geek
that loves to face these waves
one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. You are growing beautifully. I am happy to witness and stand in awe!

    ReplyDelete