Tuesday, August 16, 2011

day 23

To the boy that can make mosquitoes dance:

We sat by the river and you told me
you like the way I say your name
I didn't utter a word
not because I didn't know what to say
but because
your name is a masterpiece tune
from the bottom of my voice box
It makes my heart sing
at every syllable 
and leaves me breathless
instantly
at each attempt.

Then I remember
that I'm just a shy butterfly
unaware of my wings capabilities
but you take me by my heart strings
and pull them accordingly

 Thank you
for sharing the sunset with me
and humming along to our accordion hearts
You make the mosquitoes dance
and play conductor to the belly butterflies I managed to stomach
I can't make mosquitoes dance the way you can
but speaking your name is a sweet enough tune
for all the wild wings at night

No comments:

Post a Comment