Monday, August 8, 2011

day 15

to the boy with the sweetest soul,

thank you

for making cavity smiles
and smiling root canals
worth it.
for showing more teeth than i should.
for feeling overexposed
but feeling modest.

i love it all.

the first time i saw you cry
it was in the serenity of my own eyelid captures
i've never seen you cry
only heard you talk about it
my ears
have played shoulder blade therapist 
to your aching heart

thank you

for turning your shoulders into secondhand homes
arms
and elbows
and ears
and hearts
i love it all

your friendship is my faith's finer replica
i feel the warmth of hope magnified to the thousands
when i spot a wave of your hellos

i throw butterfly smiles
and dimple love you's your way
at every awakening laugh that escapes your lungs
if only seeing you
were as easy as wishing
and if everything were as easy
as i wish
and if wishing were as easy
to stomach.

thank you

for giving me a reason to complain about absolutely nothing
for losing my taste buds when speaking your name
there is nothing more sweeter than to appreciate your presence
i feel myself rotting spoiled when i am around you
but i love it all

thank you for teaching me to never cry over spilled spoiled milk

sweetest soul,
there are things i've never spoken:
there are butterflies in every ounce of broken
drowning ears in every tearful complaint
empty stomachs from shallow cries
drilled dimples on blushing cheeks of girls that aren't worth your time
you are worth twenty six ounces of time in buckets
i wrap my hollow arms around them
and hurl them as carefully as i can.

time is spilling by the gallons
but you will never stop to give me butterflies
your friendship means more than monoxide escaping lungs

thank you

for listening to the never ending octaves of complaints i throw at you
discus style
wherever life throws me
our fate will be a boomerang away
take me with you
like a commercial frisbee
we'll be
an arm's length away
in touch.
i love it all

No comments:

Post a Comment