Sunday, August 21, 2011

day 28

learn to let things you cannot control go

1
i feel ridiculously empty inside
with a bloated stomach
and a heavy appetite for my lover's past

2
i've come to terms with the fact that you're gone
but i will love you til i can't anymore
i just 
fell out of love
clumsy kissing tree
we planted the sweet lemon seeds
and chopped it down

3
chopin couldn't have told his piano all the things
he used to tell his past lover
the piano would get insecure
of how strong of a love
he once had for someone

4
how bittersweet

5
how busy do i have to keep myself
to constantly keep you off my mind?
how many more pieces will i write until i grow annoyed of missing you?
how many times do you think of me anymore?

6
being selfish is such a bittersweet action.
as an attempt to make us both happy
i'll admit red-handed that our kissing tree
was chopped down by me in the tune of C sharp

7
the green of the leaves reminded me of you
something so pure 
i don't have a piano
but my notebooks are growing jealous over
the words i used to tell you

8
chopin trees with C sharp axes
hurts
summer is nearly over
i am getting jealous of the trees
that will carelessly let go of their green leaves
if only keeping you wasn't so selfish
how bittersweet

1 comment:

  1. "chopin couldn't have told his piano all the things
    he used to tell his past lover
    the piano would get insecure
    of how strong of a love
    he once had for someone"

    AMAZING
    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete