Tuesday, August 30, 2011

day 37

Seeking:

I am willing to pay cab fares
across Atlantic oceans and Red seas
no bridges
Contact the dreamers
Count sheep until this impossible task proves possible

The dreamers have a reputation for dreaming with eyes open
Thinking of foolish unpractical love schemes
They paint nurseries yellow.
Virgin yellow.

There is a price to pay
for erasing memories and yearning innocence
Dreamers surgically remove nightmares
They dream with glossy eyes staring
One eye on virgin yellow sunrises
and one eye on naive love children
We are all lost here

Tattoo compass ink onto my hands
New lover,
hold me
Guide me North in East hurricane winds
and South in West monsoon tears
We are all in need of dreaming yellow sunrises
especially me
but let go of my hands
when my past lover is dragging me backward
Reversing into a parallel universe
of broken utopia
It is still virgin yellow there
but the forecast reads foolish love schemes
That house I grew up in
has lead paint
It was painted yellow in the nursery.
I could see the Red sea through my bedroom window
it reflected see-through rose colored pupils
I am teaching children to love cab fares
To love trading virgin yellow sunrises
for foolish yellow cab one night journeys to Atlantic ocean mysteries
They exchange innocence for being familiarly lost
New lover
hold me
Guide me East in North tropical blizzards
and West in South thunderstorm droughts
But be ready to let me go
when virgin yellow melodies get mistaken for foolish unpractical love schemes
I am all lost here
and not awake
Contact the dreamers 
Count sheep with me until this impossible task proves possible

No comments:

Post a Comment