Thursday, August 11, 2011

day 18

Cotton bandages 3 meters long
I wished upon 5 centimeter meteorites for tradition to rewind
but tradition is dug skin deep
my mahjong culture has sunken through pale yellow skin
I should be golden
but golden skin is melted ore on dirt floors
It may be beautiful to you,
but it is dirty to my culture
It will stain the cotton bandages 3 meters long
that have become red carpet to fresh soles
I will learn how to walk
5 centimeters at a time
aware of the buckets of Bengal blood in the shoes
my tiger mother have made.
Our mahjong culture forces tradition into our brains
like pretty jade bracelets on pale yellow skin
It has traveled through generations like bright eyed meteorites
Soon,
this will all rewind,
these cotton bandages will be bound 3 meters too long
we will all forget how to walk

No comments:

Post a Comment