Sunday, August 14, 2011

day 21

Healing.

1
    my life is spontaneous enough as it is
    i didn't ask or try to meet you
    it just
    happened
    i didn't try to make those friends i have now
    they just happen to be there
    in the right place and time


2
the truth always hurts


3
as much as we've grown together,
and grown apart,
we are slowly growing into different people
together
apart.

4
we loved like sacrificed grapes in the sun
wrinkles didn't scare us
we would grow old together

5
as much as the truth hurts
our entire existence was a mere coincidence
and a bit of luck
we loved like aged old wine in sappy secret cellars
i was a perfect secret
to a perfect homebody

6
your body became home to me
words wrapped around me like gorgeous vines
you will always stick to me like grape jam
reminding me of my childhood lovers
and the fight to get this homebody's attention

7
the truth always hurts and always hurts a lot
we grew up to sit alone in empty parking lots
sharing childhood memories
and grape jam sandwiches
we soaked in each other's misery like sunburnt raisins

8
to me
you were my hospital tags
reminding me that i am alive
i didn't ask to breathe the same air as you
i didn't try to meet you
we just happened

9
we were just two acts of spontaneity
random fits of growth spurts
we grew into each other like wild unwanted vines
we chopped each other off our tongues
at the wrong place and time

10
you will always
be a reminder of my childhood love
we soaked in feelings like sacrificed grapes
glued our words to each other like grape jam
we sat in quiet secret cellars too often
who knew the truth would mature as quick as us
you were an awkward spontaneous growth spurt
in my constant running life

our memories will never run away from me
i glued them to my soul
with grape jam truths


11
i will always love you

No comments:

Post a Comment